C. Conde & Associates’ main partner and owner is attorney Carmen D. Conde who obtained her bachelors degree from the University of Puerto Rico and her law degree with honors from Interamerican University at San Juan, Puerto Rico. She has had vast experience in high profile reorganization issues related to the financial and economic phase of the business and/or the individual.
In the private sector, her practice has been dedicated to legal representation of various commercial banking institutions as well as private corporate entities and individuals. Currently she also provides legal services to Chapter 7 Trustee’s in the administration and recovery of assets.
She has also participated in the evaluation of the Local Rules for the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Puerto Rico and has been appointed by the Bankruptcy Court in the evaluation of the necessity of new judicial positions.
Ms. Conde is accepted to the practice of the law in The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, The District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, The Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
She has vigorously participated in seminars at the Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce and many other private entities which are interested in general bankruptcy proceedings, strategies in collection of moneys and bankruptcy regulations.
She is a member of the following associations and prestigious institutions:
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Puerto Rico Notary Association
She has occupied various high level positions in the public service such as Attorney Advisor to;
- The Director of the Puerto Rico Energy Power Company
- The United States Trustee for the District of Puerto Rico
She has actively participated as a member of the Board of Directors of:
- MCS – Medical Card Systems
- Government Development Bank
- Funding for the Development of Tourism (FDT)
- Funding for the Development of Puerto Rico (FDPR)
- Funding for Capital Investments (FIC)
- Authority for the Financing of Infrastructure for Puerto Rico (AFI)
- Corporation for the Financing of Housing in Puerto Rico
- Corporation for Public Financing