Attorney Alberto Castañer has a broad wealth of knowledge concerning the area of Maritime and Admiralty Law, including advanced degree from the top maritime law school in the world, and specialized maritime law designations.
Castañer is a graduate of University of Puerto Rico, (B.A., Cum Laude, Arts and Sciences,), Interamerican University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude), and Tulane University Law School (Admiralty and Maritime LL.M.).
After obtaining his graduate degree in Maritime Law at New Orleans, Louisiana, Castañer formed his law firm to provide extensive commercial and corporate counseling and litigation representation to the transportation industry. Castañer is currently an adjunct professor of Admiralty and Maritime Law at the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law.
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Supreme Court of Puerto Rico
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association (Transportation Committee)