- Blog: Temas de salud
Robert F. Náter-Lebrón joined Ferraiuoli LLC in April 2014 as Special Counsel. He chairs the Firm’s Health Law Practice Group.
Before joining Ferraiuoli, Mr. Náter-Lebrón worked for ten years as Director of Legal Affairs for the largest health insurer in Puerto Rico. As chief legal counsel for the health plan, he managed all the company’s legal matters including commercial and Medicare Advantage legal and regulatory issues, as well as the Puerto Rico Government’s Health Insurance Plan, (Mi Salud), imparting a business sense approach within a legal framework. Mr. Náter-Lebrón also engaged in negotiation, consulting and document drafting related to all areas of the business, including but not limited to health insurance laws and regulations, provider relations and claims, technology issues, Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) negotiation and contracting, and client representation before governmental agency regulators. He was also Secretary of the Board of Directors of the insurer.
Prior to working with the health insurer, Mr. Náter-Lebrón worked as an independent counsel for various entities and small health plans on issues related to health Insurance. He also served as Secretary of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Compliance Committee of the Board of a large hospital group in Puerto Rico.
Before entering the health industry, Mr. Náter-Lebrón worked in the education law field, and served as General Counsel and Executive Assistant to the President of the University of Puerto Rico, the state university, where he helped integrate and manage the eleven-campus public higher education system, and achieved effective congressional collaborations and allocations for various institutional initiatives.
His experience also includes working with other law firms in Puerto Rico.
- University of Houston, Texas, LLM Intellectual Property 2001
- University of Puerto Rico, Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude 1991
- George Washington University, BA International Relations 1982
- Supreme Court of Puerto Rico, 1992
- Licensed Notary Public, 1992
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1995
- Puerto Rico Lawyers Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Asociación de Notarios de Puerto Rico