- Fundamentos del litigio: dominando las técnicas y reglas del interrogatorio directo y la presentación de evidencia en juicio
- Preparación y representación del deponente: errores más comunes y recomendaciones para la práctica
Nilda M. Navarro-Cabrer is a solo practitioner with ample experience in civil and commercial litigation, concentrating in contractual disputes, lender liability, construction disputes, and employment law. Since 2006 she has been an Adjunct Professor at the University of Puerto Rico Law School, where she teaches courses in advocacy, litigation and deposition techniques. In 2015 she joined the Faculty of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA). She frequently teaches CLE courses in litigation practice and is a member of the District Examination Committee for the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
Ms. Navarro-Cabrer served as law clerk to Chief Justice José Trías-Monge of the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico, and to Hon. Stephen G. Breyer, then United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. She began practicing law in Boston, MA, at the law firm of Hill & Barlow. Since 1994 she has been the sole member of Nilda M. Navarro-Cabrer Law Office, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and represents various financial institutions, major hotels, and other corporate and individual clients before federal and Puerto Rico courts.
She earned her LL.M in 1985 from Harvard University and her J.D., Magna Cum Laude, in 1983 from the University of Puerto Rico, where she was the Editor in Chief of the University of Puerto Rico Law Review. She earned her B.A. in political science and literature, Magna Cum Laude, in 1980 from Georgetown University, where she was Phi Beta Kappa.
Navarro-Cabrer & Associates, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 1994 to date
University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2006 to date
Ledesma, Palou & Miranda, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 1989-94
Hill & Barlow, Boston, Massachusetts, 1987-89
Office of the General Counsel, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1986
Law Clerk to Honorable Stephen G. Breyer, Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, Boston, Massachusetts, 1985-86
Law Clerk to Honorable José Trías-Monge, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 1983-84
LL.M., Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1985
J.D., University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico, 1983 (Magna Cum Laude, Manuel Rodríguez Ramos Award as Editor-in-Chief U.P.R. Law Review, Civil Law Award for highest average in Civil Law courses )
B.A. (Political Science and Literature), Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1980 (Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Puerto Rico
- Massachusetts (inactive status)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
APPOINTMENTS, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Appointed to the Committee on Admissions for the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, 2015 to 2016
- Member of the Faculty of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), 2015 to date
- Advisor to the University of Puerto Rico Law School Team for the Final Competition in the Miguel Velazquez-Rivera Debate, 2013 to date
- Member of the Advisory Board of the University of Puerto Rico Law Review, 2013 to date
- CLE Lecturer for the University of Puerto Rico Law School Trust, 2010 to date
- Evaluator in the Final Round, Puerto Rico Trial Advocacy Competition, Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, various years from 2009 to date
- Appointed to the District Examination Committee for the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, various terms from 1999 to date
- Member of the Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Member of the Federal Bar Association
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
- El Conquistador Partnership, L.P., S.E., d/b/a El Conquistador Resort
- EVERTEC, Inc.
- Goldman Antonetti & Córdova, L.L.C.
- Hilton International of Puerto Rico, Inc.
- OMNI Realty, Inc.
- Oriental Bank
- Posadas de Puerto Rico Associates, L.L.C., d/b/a Condado Plaza Posadas de San Juan Associates d/b/a El San Juan Resort
- U.S. Bank National Association Williams Hospitality Group, L.L.C.